Happiness is the singular most amazing feeling in the world. Nothing compares to what you feel when you are truly happy and euphoric. Maybe that’s why The Happy Page on Facebook is doing so well.
If you don’t know about them, here’s the scoop: The Happy Page is a forum where you can send in what makes you happy and if the admin likes it they illustrate it and post it on the page (max. 24 posts a day). The page is an extension of Last Lemon, a creative studio of Lisa Swerling and Ralph Lazar, and they know what they are doing when they say in the “mission” section of the page – “To make the world a happier place”.
The thing I like the best about The Happy Page is that every illustration is universal and totally relatable, and some are outright hilarious – Happiness is… when you switch off the bathroom light just to annoy the person inside. 😛
Anyway, inspired by all the happiness floating around (and a few awesome things going on in my life) I have decided to list out 10 things that make me ecstatic. Some are nice, some are outright evil, and if by the end of the post you agree with more than half of my list then, mate, you and I would be really good friends if we met in real life.
So here goes:-
1. Happiness is… when you find unexpected cash in an old pant pocket.
2. Happiness is… when you jump out of a hidey hole and scare the shit out of your sister.
3. Happiness is… when you are your friend’s only secret-keeper.
4. Happiness is… when everyone says you are the most honest person in the class.
5. Happiness is… when your junior introduces you to a super-junior by saying you are the most helpful senior ever.
6. Happiness is… when you say hi to a dog, or a cat, or a crow, or a bat and it feels like the animal said hi back. 😀
7. Happiness is… being a Sagittarian!!!
8. Happiness is… being one of the Top 10 students of your batch in college.
9. Happiness is… when your friend says you are looking good (especially after she pokes a finger in your almost rock-hard abdomen… teehee).
10. Happiness is… getting a surprise parcel from your family by post.
… I so want to continue writing about what makes me happy but since I said only ten, 10 it has to be.
Does annoying your sibling make you happy? Do you feel elated when someone says they like you? Don’t be shy, share the joy, what makes YOU happy? I would love to hear from you in the comments’ section below.
So, that’s it for today. I hope this early morning post (early morning where I am) made you a tad bit more cheerful. Have a great day and see ya next time.
P.S. If you like my writing style, then don’t forget to sign up for free email updates every time I post something new. Just check the footer (below) for more info.